Friday, March 12, 2010

Skywatch Friday: Puddle Sunset

Every now and then an accidental shot turns out better than most intentional efforts. The other evening, after yet another rain, I went out to see what the sky had to offer. My battery was running low, so after I got a few more-or-less ordinary, but pretty, pictures of the usual late winter north Texas sky, I went in to swap the battery out for a fresh one. Things were getting pretty intense, color-wise, so I stepped out the back door into a puddle, and looked down to see what opens the post. Who could resist a shot like that?

Two examples of the earlier views appear below: nice to look at, but pretty much what I've become used to since I started contributing to Skywatch Friday.

Well, it's off to errand-running and a full afternoon and evening of teaching, but I did want to wish everyone a great weekend. May the colors be with you--and happy Skywatch Friday.

7 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Oh my that is an accidental picture perfect! It's just stunning and so unique you had a good eye. Thanks for sharing!

Sky Watch Friday

Sylvia K said...

They are all beautiful shots, but the first one with the reflections in the water is fantastic! Wow! How often are we able to catch one like that!!! And the bare trees against the pastel sky is always a favorite for me! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

These would be fun to do as pastel pieces.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful colors and an awesome reflection. Great captures! Have a great weekend.

clairz said...

Lovely shots, all of them--but you're right, that first is something special.

Linnea said...

Oh I love the puddle scene. You really did have some intense colors that night! Thanks for the visit at my SWF post.

Anonymous said...

I would love to do more "puddle skies" although out here in the desert it can be difficult :)

This one has wonderful colour in it.