Friday, January 4, 2008

At Last

Well, I've done it. I've cobbled together a website on which to house my love-child (the one that was supposed to be a dissertation, but decided to become illegitimate instead), More News From Nowhere.

The process has taken an inordinate amount of time (nearly ten years), but I hope those of you who read this blog (which was designed to augment the website) will find some time to read the story--which should sound familiar if you've been along for the ride to any extent.

I had planned to have it finished by 2006, when Morris's story takes place, but (if you'll pardon the already-exhausted metaphor) the labor lasted longer than expected. However, it truly has been an example, for me at least, of "useful work" as opposed to "useless toil."

And so it goes.

No comments: