Friday, August 14, 2009

Skywatch Friday: Another Summer Sunrise

The moon at dawn . . . recorded on an iPhone. At times like this I wish I had the cute little Nikon CoolPix job we just bought my daughter for a graduation present. But I can't not take sunrise pictures if there's anything at all handy to use.

The opening shot is taken from my driveway before I left at 6:15 for work.

The rest were taken from the roof of the parking garage (at about 6:45) except for the last--which doesn't involve much sky, but was kind of interesting. It's what greeted me when I came downstairs from the roof. The problem with having this stuff in your blood is that during the whole drive to Dallas I keep noticing the shots I'm not getting because I'm on the bloody freeway.

Ahh, smog. Gotta love what it does to a sunrise photo:


I do promise better stuff in future, but this is midterm week and I'm up to my eyeballs in grading. I'll also start hauling around the D80 again, in hopes of doing future sunrises more justice. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Powell River Books said...

The framed moon shot is my favourite. I invite you to come see my "coming home" sunset. - Margy

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous captures! All of them! The colors are stunning! As a former teacher, I can relate to the grading issue!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia