Thursday, December 3, 2009

Skywatch Friday: Squirrels!!


One of my favorite bits in the wonderful animated film, Up! has to do with talking dogs.

These dogs can actually carry on a technologically mediated "conversation"--at least until one of their tiny little brains is distracted by passing vermin. "Squirrel!" is a signal for all talking dogs to forget what they're talking about and attend, if only momentarily, to a passing distraction.

Now, my yard is heavily populated by fuzz-tailed tree rats who seem to have great fun distracting my own dogs. But the other night (the same one mentioned in my previous post) I caught them having fun amongst themselves, running hither and thither through the branches of overhead trees.

The waxing gibbous moon provided a nice backdrop to their antics.

It's now much colder, and even snowed briefly yesterday morning. More snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. Maybe I can catch the little monsters running through the snow for next week.

Happy Skywatch Friday, and thanks once again to our best-beloved team for gathering us all together to share skies.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Tree rats in motion and gibbous moon--a winning combination!

Guy D said...

Those are fun shots, awesome.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Sylvia K said...

I loved the movie UP! And your shots are lovely and delightful! Love the squirrels and moon!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

jabblog said...

Marvellous captures! The squirrel in your second shot is positively galloping along the branch! I haven't seen Up! but it sounds as though I should. I like watching 'our' squirrels too for which, of course, we are indebted to you, our American cousins. Our native red squirrels are now only to be seen in a few areas of Great Britain. We sent you starlings in return!

Megan, Life Revamped said...

i love squirrels in any animated movie!

we haven't got any here, though.

TGIF! Have a great week!
Come and visit my piece of sky if you have the time!

life's beautiful!
xoxo
~fickle

Owlfarmer said...

Thanks, Folks, and a good weekend to you all.

Jabblog: Don't forget the English Sparrows!

Evita said...

Ha, ha all those squirrels! I just love watching them play - thanks for sharing this!